maandag 5 maart 2012

Bangkok en Cambodja februari 2012

We took  Thai  air to Bangkok
I 've been for three weeks in Bangkok and Cambodia, I really miss the tropical heat.


We stayed at the Riverside Ibis Hotel (lovely view)... I sketched this man, he was talking all the time and jumped up and down his chair...

I always love the tuctucs,   using them as public transport...but also love to sketch them...

We visited the house of Jim Thompson in Bangkok. A charismatic man with a love for Thai-art and silk... Died misteriously in Malaysia.

The feet of the lying Buddha.

We visited the templecomplex of What Po...

And went on a boatrip on the Ton le sap lake...

Our friend Ronald was allready for seven months in  Asia... 7 months of visiting temples... I made this sketch...like feeding a child... "another temple for the mamaaaaa, another temple for the papaaaa..."

The south gate of Ankor Tom



the cambodian version of a tuctuc

Ta Prohm

Many western tourists are dressed to the occasion... ones like real indiana jones explorers and others try to melt with the local population... :-)

We arrived in Phnom Penh...
In Phnom Penh poverty is visible, woman and childeren begging in the streets...

and we saw many men wandering around alone in Phnom Penh , or in company of a cambodian girl... sometimes I feel pitty for those girls...


We took the bus to Kampot...

Kampot was a nice city, famous for it's pepper... 
I have a big scare on my leg (had a major car accident), several times young men asked if they may touch the scar and then asked what happened...

We took a small bus to the frontier... Our luggage as hanging out of the bus... but we didn't loose anything!



6 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great piece of content. It really helps me and clears so many thoughts running in my mind. Besides, I'm from Pakistan and curious to know
    cash for flood vehicle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work
    cash for scrap car
    Srap car removal

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for scrap cars sydney

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Local car buyer, a platform where you can get top cash for all types of vehicles. We are buying cars for cash from Brisbane, Gold coast, Canberra, Perth, Melbourne etc. We ensure quick car selling with free removal at the comfort of your home.
    cash for car in-east-brisbane"y
    cash for car herston"y
    cash for car highgate-hill"y

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. We are the leading car wreckers & car recycling company—the cash for car removals Perth for your Old & Scrap Car service in Peth. We are famous for providing fast and fair cash for cars in Perth, Western Australia. We will do free pickup, and on-the-spot payment for all vehicle makes and models.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Keep It Up Gifts for friends

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen